Sunday, November 25, 2012

Starting the season off right!

Four years ago today, I kissed the lips of the last man I would ever kiss.  As a celebration, I am posting about our first kiss.  Warning: it will be sappy.

Well, to start off, I should make sure that it is known that Zack and I had very different views on our relationship at this point.  Over Thanksgiving break, I told my whole family that I had a man in Utah and that we were pretty serious.  In the mean time, Zack was up in Kaysville going out to his friends weddings.  We had never even kissed, so I don't blame him for taking dates.  In fact, it was my plot to have him go home and go to all those weddings and realize that he loved me and he wanted to be next.

This being said, we hung out pretty much every day just the two of us at his place, and we never even got close enough to kiss. Believe me, I tried.  I didn't lean in and get denied or anything, but I was plenty flirtacious and hinted to him all the time that it was ok.  However, it was to no prevail.  He held strong and didn't kiss me. It killed me.

Then, I knew that he was coming back from break, so I was eagerly watching outside my window for his car to pull up and go into his apartment.  When I saw it, I ran outside and gave him a big hug! (If I could give myself some advice at that point, I would have told myself not to seem so desperate!)  He invited me over to watch the movie Elf, and I gladly accepted!  We got a blanket and watched it with his roommate and his girl at the time.  Under the blanket... wait for it... we held hands.  Yes, I know.  It was a big step.  Well after the movie, we found ourselves all alone on the couch in the front room.  Before I knew it, our lips were locked in a beautiful kiss.  When he pulled away, we both looked at eachother, and I knew it was love.  I cannot tell you how badly I wanted to tell him I loved him right in that moment, but I held it back.  He held my gaze for quite a while, as if he knew what I was thinking, and he was thinking it too.  It is probably in my head, but it felt as though we had made an unspoken promise that we both knew this secret and yet neither of us wanted to tell.  I mean, we hadn't even had our "DTR"  yet, we couldn't love eachother, could we?

Well later on in our relationship, when we were talking about our first kidd, he revealed to me that he did indeed feel that he wanted to say he loved me,  but thought it was just too crazy to be in love so fast.  In deed, it is crazy.  And who knows, maybe it wasn't love just yet.  Maybe it was hormones mixed with hope of a new relationship filled with lots of really great kissing.  That being said, I choose to believe that it was just a little bit of inspiration from our Father in Heaven that we were indeed meant to be.  It still took us a month and a half after this kiss to officially declare our relationship status, but four years ago today, I knew it was the start of something beautiful.  How right I was.  I am on lucky lady!

To celebrate this special anniversary, we will watch Elf tonight and I will hope and pray that I will get a kiss as beautiful as I did four years ago!  And maybe if I'm lucky I might get two kisses.. or maybe even......... three!

It is wonderful and weird and amazing to think about how far our love has come and how dependent we are on eachother. I could not be more grateful for the man that he has become and the love that we share.  Here are some old pictures from those early days of our relationship!

Our first official date! In December

Our first Christmas!  Yes, those are Batman boxers. He loved them. Inside joke.

So in love!

My Birthday dinner 2009!

Our first Valentines Day date. 2009

1 comment:

  1. You two are adorable! I feel like regardless of what crazy things come into life, you both take it and run! I don't come across a couple that seems more in love and in sync with each other very often but you two are it. I hope things are going well for you across the country...we miss you and hope to see you sometime :)

    ReplyDelete