Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Drum roll please...!

If you missed my last blog post, long story short, I took a pregnancy test.  Before wiping (TMI, sorry) I placed the cap on the test and turned it over to start the dreaded wait.  Typically about 3 minutes of excruciating, unbearable waiting.  I would know, I have made it through about 100 of those "waiting periods".  (I told you, I am a pregnancy hypochondriac.  I wasn't kidding.) Well this time was different.  This time, before I even set the test down, I saw a very dark, very clear plus sign.  Pregnant.  And I have an 8 month old baby.

Can we talk about a rush of emotions?!  I mean we are talking fear, excitement, panic, gratitude, the whole 9 yards!  Although I will admit that fear and panic were the two that really stand out to me as I remember back to those moments as I cleaned up and washed my hands. I mean within the last 8 months we bought a house and had a baby!  Life was already moving at lightening speed!  How can we be having ANOTHER baby?! But with tears in my eyes, feeling very scared, I looked down at my sweet little Rylie sitting right outside the bathroom door.  Her little wrists and ankles were twirling and she had a special sparkle in her eye with a little nervous giggle as if she was relieved that she didn't have to keep the secret anymore that she will be a big sister.

In that moment, I knew that all would be well.  I knew that this is exactly what was in Heavenly Father's plan for us, and that we could handle this.  I knew that even though there would be some really rough moments and sleepless nights to come, these are the trials that I prayed for for 5 years. This is exactly where I want to be.


TO MY FRIENDS WHO STRUGGLE WITH INFERTILITY:

I know that it is hard.  I am not telling you that as a person who has "overcome" infertility, or knows everything about it.  I don't really have any advice to make it easier or go by faster, it was the hardest thing that I have ever done and I cringe at the thought that there are people still feeling those feelings while I am happily "popping" my second baby out.  I just want you to know that I love you and that, if I know of your struggle, I pray for you by name.  But I also know that there are many friends who keep this struggle to themselves.  So if I do not know of your struggle, I still pray for you. I still want you to have babies. Healthy ones, and lots of them. Keep plugging away.  You can do this.  And while you wait for your sweet babies to get here, find something that makes you happy and cling to it. I wasn't too good at that, and I think it may have helped me.


Basic Info:
I was 9 weeks pregnant when I found out that I was expecting- which explains why my emotions were all over the place and I was feeling so overwhelmed and sick!  Yay!

I am now 13 weeks pregnant.  Through the first trimester and feeling much better!  The baby is due December 2, 2015.  If you are trying to do the math, I will make it easy on you.  16 months.  Rylie and the new baby will be 16 months apart.  Zack, Rylie, and I are all thrilled.  A bit overwhelmed, but thrilled nonetheless.


Summary:
Life flies by.  In the matter of 16 months Zack and I will have gone from being a married couple, renting a condo in Ohio, to being parents of 2 children who own a home in Michigan.  Seriously, we feel blessed in a big sort of way.   So thank you all for being a part of this wild ride that we call life.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Bailey! Thanks for sharing your story. I'm happy for you and your little growing family!

    ReplyDelete