Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Life... What a wild ride!!!

February/March:

Being a mom is my absolute favorite!  It has already made me a better wife.  Basically since coming back from Christmas break I finally feel like I am in normal life.  The last part of 2014 was a whirlwind!  Here is a brief summary of our schedule for August on.

August- Rylie.. she was born!  AMAZING!!  And we had family out here for much of the month helping us adjust to the sleepless nights.

September- Bo and Taylor got married!!  So wonderful!  This meant Rylie, Zack and I got to take our first plane ride together! 

October- MOVED!  We went from renting our little condo in Ohio to owning our home in Michigan!  What a wild ride that was!

November- Besides getting settled into our new lives as home owners and new parents both with new jobs,  and juggling our water softener and water heater breaking, we got to take our second trip to Utah as a new family and spend Thanksgiving with the Olsens!

December- Well Christmas duh!  We came home for about 3 weeks and then were off again to Utah! What a fun holiday1


Needless to say, it was crazy.  Finally when we got home from Christmas we were able to settle into our new lives.  And can I just tell you?  I LOVE IT!  I LOVE BEING A MOM AND A WIFE!  Sure, I am working part time still, but it is so wonderful to be able to have dinner made and a clean house and a sweet baby to go along with my absolutely "perfect for me" husband.  Seriously.  Life is so so so wonderful.  I cannot even get over how beautiful my life is. And I don't mean that in an obnoxious "my life is better than yours" way. I just mean that I am really happy.  I still have so much to learn, but I just feel like I am on top of things better than before she came.  I feel happy and capable.  I remember before I got pregnant with her I would often tell Zack that I felt like I was just spinning my wheels as hard as I could and not going anywhere.  I don't feel that way now.  I feel so happy.  Don't get me wrong, I get VERY tired. Like can't keep my eyes open tired.  And sometimes Rylie goes through hours of crying when I can't figure out what is wrong.  But even in those moments, when I want to cry, and I feel overwhelmed, I can't help but be grateful.  These are the trials I have always wanted.  These are the trials I can be grateful for even during them.

Bottom line- I love being a mom.

Late April:

I have not really been feeling myself recently.  I went home to spend a week with my family in Utah.  Ever since coming back from there I cannot figure out what my deal is.  Being a  wife and mother is my very favorite thing.  I cannot even express how much I love it.  But the last few weeks I feel overwhelmed.  It seems like it is one thing after another.  I cannot get over any illness quickly, I am having a hard time breastfeeding because my milk is disappearing, and I just feel like Rylie is super hard to handle right now.  Which is crazy. She is an amazing baby.  I know that it is me but I just can't seem to get the energy to get anything done anymore and I feel sick all the time.

Feeling so overwhelmed, I went to Zack to express to him my feelings.  I know that it took us so much time and work and money to get Rylie, but the thought of having another kid right now seemed SO overwhelming.  So I asked him if he felt okay about starting some birth control, even though I haven't had any sort of cycle yet since Rylie was born.  He talked me out of it for the time being, saying how much I would regret it if I went on BC and then we couldn't have another one for another 5+ years.  So I asked him for a blessing to help me feel better. 

I won't go into too much detail, but after the blessing I felt a quiet urge to take a pregnancy test.  I didn't tell Zack because I am a hypochondriac especially when it comes to pregnancy tests and I know he would talk me out of it because the likelihood is so small, and the tests are expensive.  So I took one.




No comments:

Post a Comment