Saturday, May 12, 2012

Starting Anew



Well I have attempted this whole blog thing once before and I failed miserably. I never seemed to update our website. However, with us moving across the country I have decided that I will turn over a new leaf and start a new blog so that all who are far away can keep up on our lives! I am not promising that this will be interesting, but it is going to be a little reflection of our lives, so that all those who want to stay in touch and know all about our lives can.

As we are waiting to take off, we have realized how much our family means to us.  We are really going to miss our sweet kids and siblings and parents.  At times we wonder how we will make it along without you all.  Luckily, however, when one of us is having a little nervous breakdown, the other has been head over heels excited to leave so we are able to straighten each other out and remind the other of why it will all be ok.  First of all, we are so lucky to have each other.  When times are rough for me, Zack is always there to pick me back up, and when he is having a hard day... wait, never mind, Zack never has hard days.  He is the most positive hard working, happy, attractive man that ever walked on the planet.  (he does occasionally have a hard day, and I do my very best to be positive and help him through his struggles too).  We also have a ton of support from home, which I'm sure we will rely on.  However, most importantly, we know that we have the support of our Heavenly Father.  It is not by chance that we met each other, then met the Bensons, who talked Zack into applying to Notre Dame, and then that he was accepted.  I know that Heavenly Father has been preparing us for this time for a while now, and we are ready to accept the challenge!  We know that we will be in for a great journey this next year as we learn to rely solely on each other while living about 2,000 miles away from our family.

I will be a nanny for a family with one little girl, Molly until October when her mother has another baby, and then I will have a 2 year old and a brand new baby to look after  This is a blessing in itself. I will be able to provide for our monthly needs and maybe even put a little tiny bit into savings.  It is more than we could have hoped for as I will be able to complete my student teaching while the mother is on maternity leave.  It could not have been planned any better. We are very fortunate.

Zack of course is going to be very busy with school.  He is thinking he might want to get a job in the fall after the crazy summer semester, but I'm not sure that will really be an option with how intense the program is.  I guess we will have to wait and see how the summer goes!


Anyways, tomorrow we will have our "last supper" with the Ellsworth side of the family, head back up to Cedar City, pack a bit, then wake up early to go to Provo to pick up the moving truck, bring it back and fill it with all of our stuff, sleep, then Tuesday we will be on our way to South Bend! We are very excited!


That being said, I am going to get some sleep.  In the mean time, I will try to upload some pictures into this post to make it less boring!

No comments:

Post a Comment