Saturday, May 26, 2012

Surprise!!!

What a wonderful day it has been!  I woke up in a slightly grumpy mood. Not horribly grumpy, just not really in the best mood.  After a few minutes of being awake, making pancakes for Zack and me, and cleaning up breakfast, Zack told me to get ready for the day. I asked him why, and he said don't worry about it!  After a little prodding, I finally jumped into the shower.  Then I got ready and had no idea what to wear.  After some complaining and some "kind encouragement" from me, Zack chose what clothes I should wear. Some jean shorts and a plain purple shirt and flip flops. He gave nothing away. Then we got into the car, and he drove us...... wait for it........


To the Zoo!!!!!  Yes, there is a zoo in South Bend! It was so exciting!!! I have the sweetest husband ever who likes to surprise his childish wife with a trip to the Zoo. Oh, and thats not to mention the part of how he sneakily packed us lunches and waters to eat while we were there. He is so sweet!  How lucky am I??  All in all it was a wonderful day! Well, I know it is annoying to hear people droll on about how wonderful their life, so I will stop bragging and get on with the pictures!


This funny tiny little monkey looks like an old man does he not??


So happy at the Zoo together!!

This is an Amur Leapord. I just want to say, I guessed right, Zack guessed wrong. :)


OOh these were cool! I never realized Kangaroos can't really walk... they only jump! Sounds tiring to me!
I was a little shocked to see prarie dogs in a zoo!!! Go to Southern Utah and golf and you will see them everywhere!!

I think this is my first time seeing one of these in real life!
This was another first for me!! I mean, I have seen a mexican Zebra, but as it turns out, a mexican Zebra is just a donkey painted to look like a Zebra. These were real ones! Smaller than I expected though.

This is a monkey's booty! It looks like a big callous. I wonder if that is because they sit on hard uncomfortable surfaces too much?

Same monkey but from a less flattering angle ;)

A LION!!!!!!  This was really really cool!!!

Stopped for lunch!!! It was such a good day!
We were growling like tigers! In front of the Zoo!

Zack growling like a tiger, I missed the memo on this one because I was so excited for my surprise!

And the tiger we were pretending to be!
They were cuddling! It was cute!






No comments:

Post a Comment