Monday, August 11, 2014

The Miracle of Rylie Dawn- Part 1

Well, she is here!  Our beautiful little miracle has arrived.  She shocked us all when she came out a girl. But before we get there, let me back up just a little bit.  This is going to be kinda long, but I want to remember every little detail that I can, so I understand if you would rather not read it all. I really just want it for our own family records.

Thursday- July 31, 2014
I had my 38 week doctors appointment today.  I have been in a TON of pain with something called SPD. Basically my understanding is that my pelvic bone is separating.  It makes it hard to walk or roll over or shower.  Well regardless, today at my doctors appointment, Dr. Jackson told me that if I don't go into labor over the weekend, he will induce me early next week.  So we made an appointment for Monday morning at 9:30am to see what we can do to get all this moving right along!  Family is all so excited that they get to be here next week for the arrival of our little baby!  Now to sit and wait for the weekend to pass!

Sunday- August 3, 2014
 We picked up Mike, Steph, and Linz from the airport today and the Ellsworth family (minus the uncles and Tay) jumped in the car to start the long 31 hour drive out to Toledo.  Things are starting to get real!

Monday- August 4, 2014
This morning was my doctors appointment.  The doctors appointment came with some bad news.  Even though the Dr told me that he would be able to induce me starting either today or tomorrow, when he did an actual exam on me, told me that the chances of an induction at this point only has a 10-20% chance of success.  He suggested that we wait until Friday and check me again to see if my body showed more signs of successful induction. Problem!! Our families are all in town and Olsens have to leave by Thursday and my family by Saturday.  Do you know how much they spent on getting out here?  And its not like we can ask them to do it again in a week! Ugh.  Luckily after talking to my doctor and telling him the circumstance, he told me that he would give it a go, but like he said, he expects only about a 10-20% chance of success and if I hadn't made any progress by tomorrow morning, he would be sending me home.  So at least we get a chance! Tonight they will be putting some meds on my cervix, and then hopefully tomorrow we will have a baby.  That being said, we are very worried that this sweet baby will be taking its time to get to us.  On the way home from the doctor, we stopped in the parking lot across the street and said a tearful prayer that we would be able to meet our little one.  Then again in the parking lot of the hospital as we went for our 5:00 check in time.  Please, please let out little one come now with our families here.


No comments:

Post a Comment