Sunday, August 26, 2012

Its Time for Mike and Steph!

Wow! What a whirlwind of weeks! We were so grateful to have a visit from the Olsens!!! Seriously it was so good to have family around.  I hope that when I say this, I do not offend anyone, because it is not meant to be offensive.  But when we lived in Utah, don't get me wrong, I always loved seeing family and having them around, and we didn't get to see them much, so it was still great whenever we saw them, but I guess I never really appreciated how much they did for us.  When we were only a couple of hours or less away, it was easy to give us a freezer full of meat, or left overs from dinner that would make a few lunches for us.  Or when Zack got hurt, it was so nice that his parents were able to give him this ice machine thing.  I mean, I was always grateful for the help, but I don't think that I realized how nice it was to just be able to go home.  And the funny thing is, "going home" could be used for when we went to Toquerville or Kaysville.  Both Zack and I felt at home in both places. 

But back to what I was saying before, I never really appreciated the perks of having family all around.  Yes, the left overs, or pumpkin bread from Grandee (my grandma) or going out to dinner with Nana, (Zack's Grandma), or getting left overs or meat or whatever it might be, was wonderful, but the best part was being surrounded with love.  We are surrounded with love here in South Bend, our ward and friends are so wonderful, but being surrounded with loving family is something that is irreplaceable.  That was really brought to my mind when Mike and Steph were here.  They are so incredibly willing to help us both physically and emotionally.

I am grateful that even though we live far away, I know that families can be together forever.  Not just for this life, but for eternity!  It gives me comfort every single day. (to learn more about my beliefs visit www.mormon.org )
 
 Below are some pictures of all the fun times that we had together while here!!  I hope you enjoy! til next time...

Mike and Steph in front of the Football stadium!  First time being to campus, and I think they really loved it!  It was different than they expected, and I think it was the same for Zack and I.  You expect it to look so... old I guess, and really it all looks pretty new.  But regardless it was fun to be there and walk around campus.
Steph and I at this really great beach only about an hour from us!  It was so hot! We wished that we brought our bathing suits. :(  I would have gone in but we had to drive home in the car.  But we did all get our feet in! (besides party pooper Zack, he didn't want to have to take his socks off and get them all sandy)
This is a beautiful picture that Zack took while we walked around a lake on campus.  It was such a beautiful night for a walk.
White Sox game!  Loving time with the parents!
Zack and I on the pier at Silver Beach.  Like I said before, so beautiful!
Walking around Chicago on the first day with the  Olsens. So fun! and a really cool piece of art.  The funny thing was how HOT it was up by it! That sun just reflected off it and it was like 10 degrees hotter when you got up by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment