Sunday, August 26, 2012

Random good happenings!

So our lives have gone from Zack being super busy to both of us being insanely crazy busy in pretty much no time at all.  Here are the things that we have been up to:

  • Bensons came
  • We had 2 weeks for homework,  good housework, homework, some rest, school, homework and work. (all the homework was Zacks and all the rest was mine)
  • Zack's parents came to visit the day his school got out and stayed for a couple of days. (see blog about it!)
  • After Zack's parents left, we had 4 days to literally do nothing/whatever we wanted.  It was SO amazing!! 
  • Monday of last week was Zack's first day of school, but it was only 1 class and super easy.  Also this marks the day that we became 2012 Notre Dame season football ticket holders!  Such a joyous occasion.
  • Tuesday Zack had his first real day of classes and I had what was supposed to be an hour long breakfast meeting at the school I am student teaching at, but it turned into an all day event, well until about 3 because I had visiting teaching. 
  • Wednesday I started my Student teaching!  I was not supposed to start until this coming week, but at the meeting on Tuesday, they asked me to start, so I did! It has been so much fun getting to know all of the kids that I am teaching and all of their little personalities!  Lets just say, I think I was born to teach.  It is just the most wonderful thing ever.  SO exhausting. SO SO exhausting. In fact, a funny fact about me is that when I was little, my mom always told me that whoever I married and had to sleep next to at night, she felt sorry for, because I am a crazy sleeper. However I have recently discovered, actually Zack discovered,  that I'm not too bad of a sleeper when I am well rested, however, when I am exhausted, I become hilarious.  I have not been too crazy since we got married, only a few occasions have I talked in my sleep or slept in odd positions, but apparently the last few nights I have been a little crazy.  I felt really bad about it because I can sometimes keep Zack up when he really needs his sleep, but then he told me that he eggs me on!  Like for example, I guess the other night I sat up in my sleep and said in a panic, "No! You need to go first, I'll go second."  So, naturally, Zack said in a panic, only he was completely awake, "No, Bailey, you can't go second. Please don't go second."  I have no idea why he egged me on, but apparently I got mad at him and I don't remember any of it.  Well actually, I do remember him being really annoying during the night, but I couldn't remember why.  That must have been it.
  • Thursday and Friday were a blur of teaching and school and early mornings and late nights.  
  • That brings us to the weekend where we got lots of rest and went to a beautiful baptism and really enjoyed ourselves.  So now it is back to the grind!

Below are some pictures depicting some of the fun we have had.  Hope you enjoy! Til next time...
Holding our season tickets!  With our great friends Brian and Carolyn Esplin!!
I hurt my shoulder lifting with Zack one day and didn't want to do my hair, so Zack did it for me.  This was the finished product.  Needless to say, my arm got better REAL fast.
ND soccer!!!!  Not half as fun as football, but it was still a blast!

This is our pseudo pet Frogger.  We named him Frogger like the game because he lives outside and every time we see him he is crossing the sidewalk.  We see him always at nights and I give him water.  We really do love him.
So, it had been about a week since I had seen Frogger, and I was literally getting worried about him.  The lawn had been mowed, and I was afraid that he had gotten chopped up or eaten my a nearby cat that Zack saw.  However.... He lives!!!  We saw him just last night at I was so excited that I literally got teary eyed.  Why do I care so much for this toad?! 

1 comment: