Monday, August 6, 2012

Surprising the Olsens!

So, a couple of weeks ago, Zack and I get a text from his dad saying, Hey I need to talk to one of you ASAP.  My first thought? Oh great, who died?!  Don't worry, nobody died.  He just had a plan.  He wanted to surprise everyone and fly Zack and I out to Kaysville to go to Jace's ordination. (He was ordained an elder!)  It took a little bit of work, but we were able to nail down a time that we could make it to Chicago to make a flight to Kaysville, stay for one day, and then fly right on back.  We woke up at 4 am on Saturday to drive 2 hours to the airport. It was an EARLY morning to say the least, but we barely made it on time! 

When we got to the Salt Lake airport Zack's dad was there to pick us up.  He had told his wife he needed to go put gas in his truck.  Just in case you were wondering, it takes 20 minutes to get to the airport from Zack's house, so by the time he left for the airport, really got gas, and returned, it was well over an hour.  I thought his cover up would not be good enough.  However this was not the case, he pulled off the surprise just perfectly.

Steph, please don't kill me, but I am posting the video of the surprise.  It was the greatest thing, and it needed to be shared.  The good news is, it is side ways, and I was not a good recorder, so it is hard to see.  Also it makes a big fool out of me.  I am very much like my mother in the fact that I am absolutely horrible at surprises.  You can tell I am shaking with excitement, and my stupid goofy laugh is just ridiculous.  But it was priceless.

The day went well! we went to Kaden's baseball game, then had a fun dinner around the fire, then woke up and went to Jace's ordination, hurried home to scarf down some dinner, and then were off on our way to the airport.  With such a whirlwind of a weekend, I only got one picture, but you can see it below!

Til next time!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment